Media Training Courses
Every organisation has different media training needs.
Whether you require a workshop for up to 50 people, training for the senior leadership team, or intensive one-to-one training for a senior executive, I will design your course to suit your requirements exactly.
I devise the training either around a realistic scenario, or a particular issue that is dominating the media agenda in your organisation or industry/sector.
My courses include:
- The digital media landscape and how that affects an organisation’s response
- Why it is important to engage with the media
- How contact with the media can affect the reputation of the organisation
- How to manage the media in a crisis.
- What the media want
- How to negotiate with journalists to maintain control of the interview situation
- How to prepare for an interview
- How to stay in control during the interview
- How to plan a social media strategy during a crisis and how to engage safely with social media.
- How to do a pre-recorded/print interview
- How to do a down-the-line interview
- How to do a live studio interview
- How to perform a press conference
- Social media strategy preparation.
I feel better prepared for my next brush with the media!
I thought the day was excellent and very useful for my role. I would highly recommend it.
Sue was very engaging.